Create these festive Harry Potter stockings using paper and your cutting machine! They are the perfect box for small gifts, treats and gift cards!
Hello! Today is an exciting day! It is both the fifth day of my series “12 Days of Holiday Crafts” and the Harry Potter Christmas edition of Creative Crafts! Harry Potter and Christmas go together so well – both are made extra magical when they come together. Today I am sharing these fun Harry Potter stockings that you can make for your favorite Potter fan this holiday season!
These Harry Potter stockings are lots of fun to make using paper and your cutting machine. This year I wanted to make a sweet gift I could give my friends who love Harry Potter. I found this great stocking cut file in Cricut Design Space and knew I could easily transform it into Harry Potter stockings with the right colored paper. I plan to fill the stockings with small gifts and treats. A box of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans fits perfectly inside as do gift cards! Add tissue paper in house colors to finish off the boxes.
Below is the tutorial for creating your own Harry Potter stockings! Also, be sure to check out the amazing craft projects being shared this week for the Harry Potter Christmas edition of Creative Crafts. The links are all at the end of this post :)
How to Make Harry Potter Stockings Using Paper
Choosing the Paper in the House Colors
Turning the Design Space stockings into Harry Potter stockings was simple! I picked out paper in the Hogwarts house colors and added the perfect Harry Potter stickers featuring the house crests. I was able to use Bazzill paper for three of the four boxes.
Bazzill paper is so nice and thick, I love using it for treat boxes. For the Ravenclaw house stocking, I found better color options by using D’ecorations paper. I have listed the papers I used below.
- Cutting machine, Cricut Tools and Cricut Mat
- Stocking Box Cut File (#MFA9E224) in Cricut Design Space
- Cardstock in house colors
- Harry Potter House Crest Stickers
- Double-sided tape – I used 1/4″ Scor-Tape
- Tissue paper in house colors
Cutting the Paper Stockings
The stocking cut file can be found in Cricut Design Space. It is “Stocking Box” (#MFA9E224). I changed the colors of the boxes in Design Space but kept them the same size. They measure 4.25″ tall and 4.5″ wide once made. Cut the boxes out for each house you are making.
Assemble the Stocking Boxes
To assemble the boxes, start by gently folding along the score lines and then pressing them firmly.
Apply double-sided tape to all of the tabs. I used 1/4″ Scor-Tape, which was nice and strong for my thick cardstock. I tried using glue, but it wasn’t strong enough. I also don’t have the patience to hold things in place while the glue dries, so I prefer double-sided tape :)
On the long section of the box with “teeth”, I applied the double-sided tape and then cut out the little notches with a small paper scissors.
Start by attaching the curved edges on the front of the box.
Next, attach the front of the box, followed by the back.
Add the Stocking Band to the Top
To assemble the stocking band, fold along the score lines, then insert the paper loop into the slit on the back of the band. I used a small piece of tape to hold the loop in place.
Attach the band to the top of the stocking. I placed pieces of Scor-tape along the top of the stocking box to help hold the band in place.
The stocking box is built!
Decorate the Stocking Box
Add the stocking details like the toe and heel pieces to the box using glue.
Decorate the stocking box with Harry Potter stickers. I placed the large crest sticker on the side of the stocking box and the smaller one on the front along the band.
The Harry Potter stocking boxes are finished and they turned out SO cute! They are perfect for gifting small treats, sweets and gift cards! Make someone special all four stockings or just one if you know their house. These also make great decorations for the holidays. I made an extra set just to display on the Harry Potter shelf of my bookcase.
Looking for more Harry Potter-themed Christmas ideas? Check out the other fun projects my fellow blogging friends are sharing for the Harry Potter Christmas edition of Creative Crafts. There are so many fun ideas!
- Harry Potter Hand Painted Ornaments by Laura of Me and My Inklings
- Christmas Cheer & Butterbeer SVG by Lindsay of Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Hogwarts House Ornaments by Laura of Laura’s Crafty Life
- Harry Potter Free Printable Tags by Smitha of Smiling Colors
- Hogsmeade Christmas Tree Farm SVG by Shani of Sunshine & Munchkins
- Weasley Christmas Sweater Ornaments by Erica of 5 Little Monsters
- Harry Potter Hedwig the Owl Ornament by Justine of Little Dove
- Magical Harry Potter Christmas Ornaments by Kelsey of Poofy Cheeks
- Patronus Ornaments with Free Templates by Beth of Creatively Beth
- Magical Harry Potter Wand Ornament by Laura of Me and My Inklings
- Free Printable Happy Christmas Cards by Liz of Liz on Call
- Harry Potter Stocking Treat Boxes by Kimberly of Crafting Cheerfully
- Ornaments Inspired by Harry Potter by Ginger of Ginger Snap Crafts
- Hogsmeade for the Holidays SVG by Elise of Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Magical Harry Potter Christmas Ornament by Teresa of Simply Made Fun