Use the fairy secret decoder wheel to solve these fun fairy riddles! This whimsical activity is great for kids to do at home, at school or with a group! Perfect for spring and summer and for anyone who loves fairies!
Hello Crafty Friends! Today I’m so excited to share a new secret decoder wheel with you, this time fairy-themed! Kids can use the secret decoder wheel, or cipher wheel, to solve 14 fun riddles!
I love creating decoder wheels. They are such a fun activity for kids. Perfect for quiet time, rainy day activities or for practicing letters and fine motor skills. Decoder wheels are also fun in the classroom or at parties.
This new fairy decoder wheel joins my collection of decoder wheels and also coordinates with my other fairy-themed printables. My Fairy Coloring Pages and Fairyland BINGO game match the decoder wheel and can be used together for extra fairy fun!
Decoder wheels are a simple activity to prepare. Simply print the activity and assemble the decoder wheel using a brad. I love creating decoder wheels for holidays and different seasons.
Check out my other printable decoder wheels!
How to Make a Winter Decoder Wheel
- Fairy Decoder Wheel Printables
- White cardstock for decoder wheel
- Push pin
- Brad – I find the mini brads work a little better, but any brad will work
- Paper trimmer – handy for cutting out riddles
How to Assemble the Decoder Wheel
The decoder wheel is easy to create. Simply print the decoder wheel on white cardstock and carefully cut out both circles with a scissors. Layer the circles together, with the smaller one on top, and poke a hole through the center of both using a push pin. Attach the layers together with a brad in the center. The wheel should rotate easily.
How to Use a Decoder Wheel
For each riddle the “KEY” will tell you how to set the wheel. For example if the riddle’s KEY is “S is for SUN”. Spin the wheel until the sun lines up with the letter “S” and then you are ready to solve!
Make sure to check the key for each riddle as each one is different. For younger kids, it may be helpful to cut apart the riddles to help them remember to change their wheel to a new key.
Where to Download the Files
- My Fairy Decoder wheel printables are available to download from my Etsy shop and include 14 riddles plus an editable PowerPoint file (you need Microsoft PowerPoint to use the editable file).
- You can also download two free riddles and the decoder wheel from my Free Resource Library. You will find the file under Printables – Games and Activities.
More Fairy-Themed Printables!