Dr. Seuss Craft – Thing 1 and Thing 2 Flower Pots
Create these fun Thing 1 and Thing 2 flower pots to celebrate Dr. Seuss Day!
Hello Crafty Friends! Today I’m sharing a new craft project for making Thing 1 and Thing 2 flower pots. They are really cute and a lot of fun to make. March 2nd is Read Across America Day and a great day to make a fun book-themed craft or Dr. Seuss craft!
This year I created these cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 flowerpots. They were a quick DIY and I love how silly the blue hair looks sticking out of the pots. Can you guess what the blue hair is made from? A feather boa! I found a long feather boa, in the perfect bright blue color at Joann Fabrics, and thought it would be great for this project.
- 2 flower pots – I used 4″ pots from Joann Fabrics, these 4″ terra cotta pots from Amazon are similar.
- Red acrylic paint
- Thing 1 and Thing 2 SVG cut files – you can find a lot of options for these on Etsy or you can create your own.
- White Vinyl and Black Vinyl if using your cutting machine (plus Transfer Tape)
- Sticker labels/sticker paper if printing the graphics
- Blue feather boa – I found mine at Joann Fabrics, this blue feather boa looks similar.
Step One: Paint the flower pots with red acrylic paint.
Step Two: Add the Thing 1 and Thing 2 graphics. I used my Cricut cutting machine and created circles that were 1″ tall and wide, and cut these out of white and black vinyl. I used transfer tape to apply the vinyl to the pots.
You could also print the Thing 1 and Thing 2 graphics on sticker paper, cut them out and apply them to the front of each flower pot. This is a great alternative if you do not have a cutting machine!
Step Three: The final step is to add the blue feather boa! I cut my feather boa in half (a little messy but not as messy as I was expecting) and coiled each half of the feather boa into a ball. I was able to then stick each part of the feather boa into the pot, so it stuck out like Thing 1 and Thing 2’s crazy hair!
These little flower pots turned out so cute!
Enjoy celebrating Dr. Seuss Day! :) Be sure to check out my other book-themed crafts!
20 DIY Crafts Inspired by Children’s Books