Grab a free printable rainbow card and send it to someone special! Add embroidery for some extra flair with this fun tutorial!
Today I have free printables to share with you! These sweet free printable rainbow cards are a quick and easy way to send someone a little happy mail! I painted the rainbows with watercolor and added two messages to them – “Thinking of You” and “Sending positive vibes!”. You can print the cards for free, trim them to size and mail them! Who doesn’t love getting snail mail?!
If you want to add a little something extra, you can embroider the rainbow with colorful embroidery floss! Below is the tutorial. It is a simple and fun way to make these cards even more special!
Embroidered Rainbow Card
- Free printable cards – located at the end of this post
- Cardstock – I like to print on 110 lb White Paper Neenah
- Embroidery floss – I used DMC floss 208, 799, 704, 743, 3341, 349.
- Pin/Needle for punching holes in the paper
- Piercing mat – or something to put under the card when you poke the holes
- Paper Trimmer or scissors
- *Optional: Scoring Board
Below are the colors I used for my rainbow card but if you have a stash of floss at home, just search for rainbow colors and use whatever you have!
Step by Step Tutorial
Step One: Poke stitching holes!
Print the card on cardstock. I like to use 110lb Neenah white paper.
Use a straight pin to poke holes along each color of the rainbow. I poked a hole about every 1/4″ and used a piercing pad underneath. You could also use a self healing mat underneath.
Step Two: Embroider the card.
Use two strands of floss to add embroidery to each color. I used a backstitch and made sure not to pull too hard and rip the paper. Tape the ends of the floss on the back of the cardstock .
Once all of the colors have been stitched your rainbow is done!
Step Three: Cover the ends of the stitching.
To finish up the card, score along the fold line.
Cut a fun piece of scrapbook paper that will cover the stitching on the inside cover of the card. Tape or glue it in place. I used Scor-Tape which is a nice double-sided tape with a strong hold.
The card is finished! Whether you send the card with embroidery or without, it is sure to bring a smile to someone’s face! I think we can all use some positive vibes right about now!!
For more card printables or card ideas be sure to check these out!
- Free Printable Apple Cards
- Free Printable Harry Potter Snow Globe Card
- Embroidered Engagement Card
- Harry Potter Engagement Card
- Wedding Dress Embroidered Card
- Halloween Snow Globe Card
- DIY Embroidered Cards
- Haunted House Slider Card
- Christmas Cottage Pull Card
- Teapot Pull Card
Download Rainbow Cards by Crafting Cheerfully.pdf
Rainbow-Cards-by-Crafting-Cheerfully-1.pdf - 3 MB